Online security is rightfully at the forefront of Google in 2017 and they have placed priority on website’s officially certifying their server security with Transport Layer Security also referred to as Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Starting this year, Google will be giving preference to websites that are officially certified as secure with an SSL Certificate. Sites that are not marked secure with an SSL may be flagged in search results as “unsafe”.
There are 5 main reasons that your website should have an SSL Certificate:
- It provides trust to your website’s visitors with the knowledge that your organization has their online security in their best interest.
- All interaction between the client’s server and the end-user has SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption – the strongest and most secure on the market.
- SSL provides privacy and integrity of data being transmitted between the client and end-user.
- Message integrity is checked by utilizing reciprocating authentication code.
- Google improved credibility guidelines are met and your SEO is in greater compliance.
Off The Wall Media is here to help our clients meet Google’s outlined suggestions on SSL Certifications for their website. Our staff will complete the website SSL registration (some information may be required from the client), they will also apply the website’s SSL codes and manage additional requirements for continued service and annual renewal processes.
Upgrading your site with an SSL through Off The Wall Media is a setup and issue charge of $199 and and annual renewal charge of $99. Contact us immediately by completing the contact form below, to schedule your site for your 2017 security upgrade. Learn more about the benefits to your website and meeting Google’s https compliance in place now.
We look forward to working with both our existing and new clients in providing them with Google’s most updated security preferences.
Read more from Google’s Security Blog here.