Is your social content strategy working for your business? Many companies find that the amount of time they spend on social media isn’t showing enough of a return-on-investment. If this is how you feel, it may be time to re-think your content strategy or develop one if you haven’t already done so. Whatever you choose, DO NOT cut out social media from your marketing! Batching is a great strategy to start with and below we will outline the 5 steps to creating a successful social content strategy.
1. Start by creating 4-6 broad categories of content that relate to your business. Some general categories to start with that work great for most businesses are:
- Blog posts
- Announcements and promotions
- Inspirational/funny quotes and images
- Tips or hacks
- Questions (to promote engagement)
- Other peoples content (cool industry related news, reviews etc.)
2. Decide how many posts you would like to make each day, depending on what works best for your business. We recommend at least one post a day (Monday-Friday) and if you have the time, up to 6 a day is ideal.
3. If you choose to start with 3 posts a day, use your categories to divide up how many of each of those you will need to create and post each week. For example, you may want to choose 2 blog posts, 5 tips or hacks, 4 questions, 1 funny image, and 3 industry related posts to make it a total of 15 posts a week.
4. Write your content! This part will take the longest, but we recommend starting with one month at a time. It may sound daunting but it will save you time instead of coming up with new posts to make each day. Use a spreadsheet or social media management software to save and organize your content.
5. Schedule your content. We use Hootsuite, but their are many other social media scheduling platforms that work well like Buffer and Sprout Social. Schedule your three posts out each day for the next month at various times throughout the day.
People spend an average of 2 minutes on social media each time they log on, which makes it hard to reach a lot of viewers with a single post. Recycling content is a great way to get more eyes on important posts related to your business. Re-purposing old content that generated engagement helps save time and gets more eyes on important content. By using batching for your social content strategy, you can streamline your social media marketing and focus more time on other aspects of your business.
Still looking for help with your social media content strategy? Let the marketing experts at Off The Wall Media help save you time and money while growing your business through social media. Contact us at 503-452-1082 or visit our website.