Every business makes one of their main goals to get more conversions. However, many of them don’t know where to begin to achieve this goal. We have compiled a list of seven ways to increase your conversions through writing killer copy.
1. Focus on what the customer wants. Instead of focusing on what you offer, think about what your customer wants. Talk to current customers and ask “why” because you may know what they want but not why they want it. The key takeaway is to know your audience and share a simple and powerful benefit they cannot resist.
2. Tell a good story. Don’t be boring. Find a good story and bring it to life. Consider your company’s story, product’s story and why someone would care to hear about it. Storytelling is powerful for your brand and can help sell more of your product or service.
3. Test your strategies. As you have probably heard before, you won’t know how something works until you try it. That philosophy is very true for conversions. Test as many options as you can to see which one yields the best results. Even just changing one word may be the winning strategy for growing your business.
4. Only offer one simple benefit. This step can be difficult. Focus on one benefit of your product or service for the customer to grab their attention. Develop a unique selling proposition that is creative, simple and powerful to complement your call-to-action and reinforce your promise.
5. Share a testimonial. Consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. Sharing an amazing customer testimonial is powerful and reinforces why the customer should buy from you instead of your competitors.
6. Find your brand voice. Keep the brand voice and personality consistent throughout your marketing efforts. To help determine your brand voice, take a look at the voice of your consumer and find words they use to describe what they want. Blend together your voice and the consumer’s voice to connect with them in a similar mindset.
7. Don’t stop writing. Increasing conversions won’t happen immediately. Dedicate time when you are at the highest level of concentration and write. Some of the best and most successful ideas may not be the 3rd, 10th or even 25th one you come up with. Customers will know when you aren’t putting in the time and effort.