Off The Wall Media’s team of web developers and designers just completed a new website for Oswego Mortgage in Lake Oswego. The mortgage company specializing in VA loans and refinancing needed a new modern facelift to their outdated website.
Does your business need a new website? If any of these five signs below apply to your business, it may be time for a new website.
1. Your website isn’t mobile friendly or responsive. While more people are browsing the web on their smart phones and tablets than ever before, having a responsive website is absolutely necessary. Responsive web designs configure to fit the screen of whatever device the user is viewing the site on.
2. Your social media profiles are nowhere to be found. If a user cannot find your social media links on your homepage, then it may be time to re-think the relevancy of your website. Every business must have a social media presence to stay competitive and visitors need to be able to find them easily on your website. Your website is the center portal of your business online and should connect to every social site you have from there. Not only should you add your own links but also, depending on your business, buttons for visitors to share your content on their social media profiles (for example, a ‘pin it’ button on images to share on Pinterest).
3. Your site has low search engine rankings. If you search your business on Google, Bing or Yahoo and cannot find it, then you are losing out on potential customers finding your site too. Modern sites set up correctly should be optimized to include a combination of quality, long-tail keywords, a local focus where possible, relevant and regularly updated content and good linking. With a new website you can make sure to be found on all the top search engines using proper search engine optimization practices.
4. You’ve changed your branding or message. If your business has gone through a re-brand and changed your brand positioning or messaging, making sure your website reflects that change is imperative. Having an outdated logo or mission statement can confuse visitors and will increase the likelihood for them to leave. Consistent branding is important for your website and all social media platforms.
5. You’re embarrassed to share your website URL. This last sign is very self-explanatory; if you are ashamed to give clients, friends or anyone your web address then it is DEFINITELY time for a new website!
Having a strong online presence is a necessity and Off The Wall Media’s web development and design services are here to help. Contact us to learn more about how our services can benefit your business.